LAW is an independent, non-profit organisation comprised of human rights lawyers and jurists working in fragile and conflict affected areas in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia. We focus on gender equality and sexual and gender-based violence, rule of law and accountability, transformative justice and natural resource exploitation, working to bring justice to those who need it most.
LAW’s ground-breaking work has received international media coverage, including in Reuters, the New York Times, the Times of London, the Guardian, Al-Jazeera, France24, Voice of America, Huffington Post and Foreign Policy.
At LAW we use the website and social media to reach our clients, their communities, and the broader public, disseminate information and to advocate on behalf of individuals and communities who have suffered human rights violations and abuses to obtain justice and strengthen institutions to deliver justice to them. We are expanding our team and looking for an enthusiastic and creative Communications Officer to support LAW to promote events and activities, working closely with regional teams strengthening the ongoing efforts, and carry out the implementation and communication strategies.
Head of Advocacy and Policy
12 Months – extension subject to funding
Preference: Amman, Jordan,
Role Overview and Responsibility
The Communications Officer will support the Head of Advocacy and Policy to showcase LAW’s work, planning, coordinating events and delivering timely advice to regional teams and supporting them to embed the implementation of the global communication and advocacy priorities. The post holder will perform duties in accordance with the responsibilities outlined below:
- Develop global activity calendar with plans for all projects including social media; website, press, events, awards and external communication;
- Develop high quality fact sheets, articles and to collate and maintain regional stories, tool kits, and circulation of key message, events and activities;
- Support internal capacity building, designing training material to embed LAW’s branding;
- Track indicators and monitor campaigns, publication prints and digital to maximise efficiency;
- Coordinate and draft press releases articulating LAW impact and achievements effectively;
- Support relationships and maintain list of global network and journalistic contacts;
- Manage Executive Director social media presence;
- Monitor and support content development and production of graphics including video uploading on social media; Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube;
- Research and analyse performance on the various platforms and make recommendations;
- Maintaining and update the website content;
- Plan and organise photography/videos of country projects.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required
- Bachelors degree in communications, marketing, media relations, advocacy or related field;
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience working in journalism, media relations, advocacy or communications in a similar role;
- Track record of content production and social media management;
- Demonstrated experience of project management and implementation of communication plans;
- Excellent knowledge of multimedia production and editing;
- Ability of conducting successful research and drafting skills;
- Demonstrated experience designing graphics, multimedia content and design software;
- Excellent written and oral English required;
- Ability to work on own initiative and part of the wider team;
- Experience in photography; ideally with DSLR cameras or similar
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and strong technical literacy.
- Relevant experience working with international NGOs is preferred, ideally in human rights or humanitarian field;
How to Apply
LAW is currently looking for an ambitious individual who has a track record of being commitment to human rights, coordinating and supporting the implementation. If you have the right experience and skills, we would like to hear from you.
Please send an email with a CV and covering letter in English outlining how your skills and experience match the role (neither exceeding 2 pages of A4) to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th June 2021. The subject of the application should read ‘Communications Officer’.
Deadline for applications
21st June 2021.
July 2021 – Immediate start
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the criteria will be invited for interviews.
- LAW is an equal opportunity employer
- All appointments are subject to satisfactory reference, employment and or vetting checks.
To learn more about LAW please visit our website: www.legalactionworldwide.org.