Legal Action Worldwide (LAW) is expanding and has created an exciting position for an experienced Grants Coordinator to ensure that LAW is implementing high quality programming in line with donor requirements. The Grants Coordinator will be reporting to the Operations Director and will work collaboratively with Programme Managers and Finance Mangers in the field as well as donors and partners.
BACKGROUND ABOUT LAW
LAW is an independent, non-profit organisation comprised of human rights lawyers and jurists working in fragile and conflict affected contexts in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia. LAW has a particular focus on gender equality and sexual and gender-based violence, the rule of law and accountability and transformative justice – working to bring justice to those who need it most.
LAW’s ground-breaking work has received international media coverage, including in the New York Times, the Times of London, the Guardian, Al-Jazeera, BBC News, France24, The Independent, Voice of America, Huffington Post and Foreign Policy.
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION
Where? The position will be based at our Head Office in Geneva, Switzerland. You must have the right to work in Switzerland. There may be opportunities to travel to the field, depending on funding.
Duration: This is a full-time position, but we may be flexible for the right candidate.
Salary: Competitive rates of pay apply.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Overview: The Grants Coordinator will be coordinating a diverse portfolio of grants from institutional donors and will also support the Operations Director to fundraise and further develop systems, policies and procedures relating to programme quality and compliance.
The Grants Coordinator will:
- Support Programme Managers in developing and writing concept notes, proposals and logframes;
- Oversee grant documentation and continually improve our grants management systems;
- Lead on the organisation’s grants calendar and ensure high quality and timely narrative and financial reporting to donors, including through donor portals as required;
- Support the Executive Director and the Operations Director with fundraising through research on donor priorities and developing strategies.
- Track and share relevant calls for proposal with the management team.
- Map out of donor rules and regulations to ensure compliance across programmes and lead on training staff on donor compliance;
- Work with Programme Managers to develop Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning strategies;
- Lead on collecting organisation data through internal indicators and work closely with the management team on the Annual Report;
- Support programme managers in preparing for and contracting external evaluations and lead on internal learning and knowledge gained throughout the project cycle and from evaluations;
- Lead the accountability working group and support country offices to develop community communication strategies and implement complaint and feedback mechanisms;
- Work with the PMs to develop project fact sheets, generic concept notes and briefing notes (as required);
- Deliver Project Cycle Management (PCM) trainings for programme staff;
- Support the Operations Director to develop a partnership toolkit;
- Support the Operations Director in due diligence exercises for donors and support the PMs in due diligence exercises for partners.
- You must have the legal right to work in Switzerland;
- Masters degree in law, international relations, social sciences or relevant field;
- Demonstrated 5 years’ experience or more in a similar position working for an international organization specialising in human rights and/or humanitarian programming;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, French desirable;
- Track record of working on US and EU grants with sub-grantees;
- Knowledge of legal programmes an advantage;
- Knowledge of consortium management an advantage;
- Excellent drafting skills and experience of writing high quality reports and proposals;
- Good knowledge of donor rules and regulations, particularly US, EU and European Donors.
- Experience working with foundations and trusts an advantage.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet conflicting tight deadlines;
HOW TO APPLY
If you are a self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritise your own workload then please apply in the first instance!
The closing date for applications is 17:00 hours (Geneva time) on 06th February 2023. We will be setting up interviews on a rolling basis so please apply before the deadline.
Please submit your CV and covering letter in English outlining how your previous experience and skills match this role (neither exceeding 2 pages of A4) to: email@example.com The heading of the application should read ‘Grants Coordinator’
At LAW we are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues reflecting the people and communities that we represent and support. Our team includes many nationalities with diverse professional backgrounds, skills, and knowledge. This enables us to deliver and understand the cultural and political contexts on the ground and to tailor our support effectively and appropriately.
To learn more about LAW please visit our website: www.legalactionworldwide.org.