LAW is an independent, non-profit organisation comprised of human rights lawyers working in fragile and conflict affected areas in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia. We have a particular focus on gender equality and sexual and gender-based violence, natural resource exploitation, rule of law and accountability, and transformative justice, working to bring justice to those who need it most.
LAW’s ground-breaking work has been included in a number of UN and Member State government reports and has received international media coverage, including in the New York Times, the Times of London, the Guardian, Voice of America, BBC News, Sky News, Al Jazeera, Huffington Post and Foreign Policy.
LAW’s Rohingya Crisis Programme
LAW’s ground-breaking Rohingya Crisis programme seeks to ensure meaningful Rohingya participation in the ongoing international justice processes seeking accountability for their persecution in Myanmar, including engagement with the International Court of Justice (ICJ) on the application of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide (The Gambia v. Myanmar); the ongoing investigation by the Officer of the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC) and the work of the Independent Investigative Mechanism on Myanmar (IIMM). Additionally, LAW undertakes innovative strategic litigation on behalf of more than 500 Rohingya clients, and ensures Rohingya voices are prioritised throughout its advocacy.
Legal Action is looking for a dynamic HR professional to join its dedicated team to deliver day-to-day HR activities and ensure teams are fully supported. The ideal candidate will have a track record of leading on recruitment, drafting policies as well as implementing staff training and capacity building. You will work collaboratively and build excellent relationships internally and externally to ensure smooth front line delivery.
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION
Where? The position will be based in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. You must have the national citizenship to work in Bangladesh.
Duration? This position is for 12 months on a full-time basis. Extension possible subject to funding.
Reporting to: Programme Manager & the Head of HR and Compliance
Salary: Competitive rates of pay apply.
Role Overview and Responsibility:
The HR and Logistics Coordinator will ensure compliance and delivering effective and generalist HR support in a timely manner to the expanding team. The duty and activities to be performed in accordance with responsibilities outlined below:
Human Resource Management
- Lead on the recruitment and selection process; drafting job descriptions, advertising, and short listing, scheduling interviews, preparation of appropriate interview documents and liaising with candidates, also participating on interview panels;
- Coordinate and prepare offer letters and ensure completed paperwork is processed (pre-employment reference and background checks); ensure that all new employee procedures are correctly executed;
- Draft contracts, both internal (staff, consultants) and external (service providers/ suppliers, other vendors), and maintain an efficient system that tracks contract expiry, renewal and changes in contracts are adequately documented;
- Coordinate and induct new staff with on-boarding, prepare induction programme, and ensure staff have appropriate work space and LAW equipment;
- Lead on the staff probation process and make sure performance reviews are held in a timely manner with the line manager; identifying training needs;
- Accountable for HR documents, including maintenance of confidential personnel files, leave records etc to ensure they are accurate and up to date;
- Accountable for staff receiving training and adhere to consistent high standards, including the Code of Conduct and safeguarding policies;
- Manage staff performance concerns or conduct issues efficiently and effectively with appropriate support and hr intervention in coordination from the Head of HR;
- Support the Head of HR and Compliance on global projects; designing policies, toolkits and ensure that LAW policy and procedures are embedded and adhered to;
Payroll and Procurement
- Ensure smooth running of payroll in coordination with the Finance Manager; employee NSSF registration, salary payments and tax deductions, time sheets, holiday management, sick leave, exit clearance, etc;
- Coordinate with brokers (medical and the workmen compensation insurance) to manage appropriate covers and policies for staff;
- Coordinate the procurement and vendor selection process (suppliers and service providers), obtaining quotes, prepare bid analysis and periodic reviews of service level agreements;
- In coordination with the Finance Manager maintain inventory of office equipment and assets including laptops, mobiles, stationary and vehicle registration;
Logistics and Administration
- Support the Programme Manager and Finance Manager with preparation of relevant reporting documents to NGO secretariats and government departments;
- First point of contact managing office suppliers and ensure utility bills are updated, received and paid on a timely manner;
- Ensure good organization and accountability for all office records (including files and documents excluding Finance files), materials and LAW equipment;
- Provide support for operational meetings, and travel undertaken by team members other stakeholders,
- Accountable for organising and maintaining general office hygiene – cleaning, periodic fumigation and garbage collection.
- Support and assist international staff with visa applications;
- Any other duties as specified by the Line Manager or Head of HR and Compliance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in, Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related field;
- 4 year’s demonstrated experience working within a HR function in a similar position;
- Track record of general HR/Admin procedures and policies, and good financial or accounting background;
- Demonstrated experience of delivering general payroll and statutory requirements;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Bangladesh Labor Law;
- Experience working with an International NGO preferred;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook);
- Excellent communication skills, including fluency in both English and Bengali, spoken and written;
- To work independently, with high level of organization and can prioritize tasks assigned;
- Ability and skills to establish positive relationships with various stakeholders;
- Good understanding of safeguarding and confidentiality of the HR function.
How to Apply:
If you are committed to supporting our amazing work and have the relevant human resources experience, we would like to hear from you. We are looking for you to join the team straight away.
To apply please send an email with your CV and a statement of interest (neither exceeding 2 pages of A4) in English by 4th June 2023 to:email@example.com. The subject of the application should read ‘HR and Logistics Coordinator’.
At LAW we are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues reflecting the people and communities that we represent and support. Our team includes many nationalities with diverse professional backgrounds, skills and knowledge. This enables us to deliver and understand the cultural and political contexts on the ground and to tailor our support effectively and appropriately.
To learn more about us visit our website: www.legalactionworldwide.org.