LAW is an independent, non-profit organisation comprised of human rights lawyers and jurists working in fragile and conflict affected areas in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia. We focus on gender equality and sexual and gender-based violence, rule of law and accountability, transformative justice and natural resource exploitation, working to bring justice to those who need it most.
LAW’s ground-breaking work has received international media coverage, including in Reuters, the New York Times, the Times of London, the Guardian, Al-Jazeera, France24, Voice of America, Huffington Post and Foreign Policy.
We are expanding our team and looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and creative Digital Communications Coordinator to help us expand our social media reach and impact and create innovative digital communications strategies to showcase and amplify our work, generate funding and advocacy opportunities, and increase the profile of the organisation. The successful candidate will have a broad range of digital engagement skills and experience. The new Digital Communications Coordinator will work with programme teams and LAW’s Executive Director to promote the organisation’s work, increase the organisation’s visibility, profile key events and advocacy activities globally and in country.
Reports to: Head of Advocacy and Communications Duration: 12 Months – extension subject to funding
Location: Flexible – remote working possible
Job holder must be able to work on Amman or UK time Hours: Full time / 40 hours per week
Role Overview and Responsibility:
The role will be specifically responsible for digital content that will increase LAW’s profile and engagement with key advocacy, legal, and fundraising audiences. The post holder will perform duties in accordance with the responsibilities outlined below:
• Lead on the development of a social media plan, including identify different audiences for our social media channels, and plan how to increase LAW’s engagement on each.
LAW Digital Communications Coordinator – January 2022
• Lead on LAW’s social media schedule, ensuring content is planned well in advance for key activities, and that we can respond to breaking news.
• Design, manage and deliver engaging content across our key social media channels, in particular Twitter, using LAW’s work to create impactful stories, case studies, and other content to engage with our audiences.
• Manage Executive Director and LAW’s Twitter presence daily.
• Manage, update and further develop LAW’s website to ensure that it enables people to learn more about LAW;
• Create and lead the production of LAW’s quarterly e-newsletter.
• Explore and lead innovative digital communications approaches that contribute to elevating LAW’s visibility and profile.
• Support relationships and maintain list of global networks, platforms and journalistic contacts;
• Monitor and evaluate communication, digital and media coverage.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
• At least 3 years demonstrated experience working in a digital communications/social media role.
• Track record of content production and social media management.
• Demonstrated experience of project management and implementation of digital communications plans.
• Excellent knowledge of multimedia production and editing.
• Demonstrated experience designing graphics, multimedia content and design software.
• Excellent written and oral English required.
• Ability to work on own initiative and part of the wider team.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and strong technical literacy.
• Relevant experience working with international NGOs is preferred, ideally in human rights or humanitarian field.
• Experience in photography; ideally with DSLR cameras or similar (desirable).
LAW is currently looking for an ambitious individual who has a track record of being commitment to human rights, coordinating and supporting the implementation. If you have the right experience and skills, we would like to hear from you.
Please send an email with a CV and covering letter in English outlining how your skills and experience match the role (neither exceeding 2 pages of A4) to: Waheed@legalactionworldwide.org. The subject of the application should read ‘Digital Communications Coordinator’.
Deadline for applications: This position is on rolling basis – LAW will be scheduling interviews as the applications come in; therefore to avoid any disappointment please apply early and no later than 23 January 2022 (midnight UK time)
Start date: Immediate start
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the criteria will be invited for interviews. LAW is an equal opportunity employer; Women lawyers with experience representing at-risk clients are encouraged to apply.
To learn more about LAW please visit our website: www.legalactionworldwide.org.