LAW is an independent, non-profit organisation comprised of human rights lawyers working in fragile and conflict affected areas in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia. We have a particular focus on gender equality and sexual and gender-based violence, natural resource exploitation, rule of law and accountability, and transformative justice, working to bring justice to those who need it most. LAW’s ground-breaking work has received international and local media coverage, and recognition.
LAW is expanding and we are looking for an experienced Team Assistant to support the smooth running of our Geneva head office across various administrative tasks. In return, there will be opportunities for you to gain new experiences and skills as well as be part of the wider team.
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION
Where? The position will be based at the Head office in Geneva. His/hers/theirs should have the residency and legal right to work in Switzerland.
This position is full time, but we may be flexible for the right candidate. It is a 12-month contract, and possible extension subject to funding.
Salary: Competitive rates of pay apply.
You must be a peoples person who can multiskilled and can prioritize conflicting duties such as greeting guests, provide logistical support in setting up round tables, external meetings, booking venues, stationery order, ensure office equipment is working efficiently, prepare welcome packs for international staff; run errands and stocking up on refreshment for meetings rooms etc
ROLE OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assistant will work closely with the teams to ensure smooth running of the office and provide strong administrative duties. The post holder will perform duties in accordance with the responsibilities outlined below:
- Ensure office supply and stocks are kept up to date and maintain an inventory record;
- Keep notice board up to date with weekly staff movements according to missions;
- Meet and greet guests and maintain an incoming & outgoing logbook;
- Signs for incoming mails, packages and distribute them to the appropriate recipient;
- Ensure office spaces are tidy and supervising cleaning staff as and when required;
- Printing and preparing training material and packs for meetings and events
- Booking of suitable venues for trainings, events, meetings, hosting etc
- Organise refreshments, layout and equipment for meetings rooms as and when required;
- Prepare and draft letters as necessary for the authorities including work permits etc
- General support with HR queries and advertising Geneva based positions;
Logistics and Office Management:
- Focal person for office suppliers and vendors; respond to queries, ensure utility bills and payment authorisation are tracked;
- Maintenance of the office to ensure a safe workplace and implementation of staff security and safety policies;
- Liaise with the letting agent on any building maintenance and management issues etc;
- Procurement and financial compliance, assisting with maintaining office and stationery supplies and BER claim forms;
- Assist project teams or guests with the planning of missions, organizing flights and accommodation;
- Act as a security and safety focal point for the Geneva head office; SOP, security and safety plans, welcome packs are up to date; follow up on health and safety
- Perform any other duties assigned to smooth running of the office.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- You must have the residency and legal ‘Right to work in Switzerland’.
- 2 years demonstrated experience working in a similar role within a national department or team, administration, or procurement management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Experience of working in the NGO sector is preferred but not essential
- Two years track record working with office management and Microsoft packages including MS Excel and MS Word;
- Excellent relationship building skills and a proactive approach to problem solving;
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail;
HOW TO APPLY
The team is expanding so if you have the right experience and excellent communication and interpersonal skills to support the teams with their amazing work, we would like to hear from you.
To apply please send an email with your CV and a statement of interest (neither exceeding 2 pages of A4) in English before 18th January 2023 to: email@example.com. The subject of the application should read ‘Team Assistant Geneva’
At LAW we are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues reflecting the people and communities that we represent and support. Our team includes many nationalities with diverse professional backgrounds, skills and knowledge. This enables us to deliver and understand the cultural and political contexts on the ground and to tailor our support effectively and appropriately.
To learn more about us visit our website: www.legalactionworldwide.org.